Diet for atherosclerosis of the vessels of the lower extremities: we are being treated effectively!
Any disease complicates life.And what leads to a metabolic disorder with the deposition of cholesterol in the vessels, many people know personally.Unfortunately, it is in our country that a large part of the population is at risk due to lifestyle, nutrition and quality of care.The chances for a healthy, healthy life, however, are always there.
- cause of lower limb arteriosclerosis
- atherosclerosis of the lower extremities: the symptoms
- Diet for atherosclerosis of the lower extremities
- Preventive measures
Causes of atherosclerosis of the lower extremities
The appearanceIn the blood vessels of cholesterol plaques, not only food is promoted, as is commonly believed, but in a greater degree a way of life and bad habits.It's worth thinking about before the doctor diagnoses a disappointing diagnosis.
- Smoking is the most provocative factor, not only does smoking wall vessels thin and become inelastic, so this bad habit also increases blood pressure and affects the development of diabetes.And these diseases themselves lead to the development of atherosclerosis.
- Overweight is a problem related to heredity.Most often, people who do not know how to evenly absorb and spend calories, leading a hypodynamic lifestyle.Obesity can lead to diseases of the intestines, liver and pancreas, ultimately increasing the risk of atherosclerosis.
- High blood pressure - the increase in blood pressure( arterial pressure) contributes to the appearance of additional stress in the vessels.It is bad if there is no control of pressure changes, especially when the diagnosis of hypertension by a doctor has already been determined.Even with a satisfactory condition, it is necessary to measure pressure and take medications so as not to force the heart and blood vessels to work with the load.
- Diabetes is a disease associated with metabolic disorders in the body of all its types( carbohydrate, albuminous, fatty), leading to increased blood sugar levels due to a lack of an insulin hormone.
The reasons for the development of atherosclerosis of the lower extremities are simple: the hereditary factor along with the lifestyle, or rather the neglect of it, and emotional overstrain.Men are more likely to be affected by atherosclerosis, and in women, postmenopause may be the trigger for the manifestation of the disease.
Diagnostics of atherosclerosis of lower extremity vessels
Diagnosis of the disease occurs occasionally during a routine examination.And then the doctor additionally appointed a number of special methods to clarify the diagnosis.
- Survey and examination are the first actions of a physician, in which symptoms of a disease are identified.
- Hearing - with the help of a stethophonendoscope the doctor will hear a systolic( with contraction of the ventricles of the heart) noise in the artery.And determine the development of atherosclerotic changes in cardiac murmurs and tones.Also, a violation in the femoral artery is determined.
- Palpation - this method determines the presence or absence of pulsations in the vessels affected by atherosclerosis, beginning from the femoral arteries and ending with the vessels of the feet.
- Blood and urine tests are necessary to detect inflammatory processes and concomitant diseases.
- Angiography - when a coloring substance is injected into the blood, it becomes possible to determine the state of the vessels and assess the movement of blood flow in them.
In addition to the above-mentioned methods of research, a physician may, if necessary, prescribe an ultrasound, an X-ray examination, an ultrasonic duplex or triplex scan, and an analysis to determine the level of cholesterol in the blood.
It makes no sense, even after studying a lot of sources, to diagnose yourself.
This can lead to incorrectly selected treatment.Independently you can and should stop smoking, this habit will not add health in any case.
To learn how to diagnose atherosclerosis, check out the video provided.
Lower limb arteriosclerosis: symptoms of
If atherosclerosis has made itself felt sickly, then the disease has appeared for a long time and now it is progressing.Especially it concerns older men due to heavy physical exertion, experienced stressful situations and bad habits( alcohol and tobacco).
- Pain is one of the obvious signs of atherosclerosis of the lower extremities.Complaints about her can be with walking and even without any loads.If the muscles no longer have enough oxygen, walking will cause pain, there may be a syndrome of lameness.
- Numbness is an unpleasant sensation that does not go away when you change your posture or rubbing.
- Feeling of cold - remains unchanged even in warm weather and wrapped feet due to impaired blood circulation.Seizures - beginners in the limbs with muscle spasm, often occur at night.
- Temperature deviations - if atherosclerosis hits one leg, it becomes particularly noticeable.A healthy leg will be warmer to the touch than the patient.
- Itching is due to poor blood circulation, unpleasant sensations appear in the aching limb.In addition to itching, there may be a feeling of running creepy and burning.
- Changing the skin - the aching legs become pale marble in appearance, narrowing of the artery does not allow for normal blood flow.
The painful stages determine the stages of the disease:
- Stage 1 - pain with palpable loads and walking for long distances.
- 2 stage - and at small distances the pain intensifies.
- 3 stage - even at rest, painful sensations.
- Stage 4 - there are trophic disorders( ulcers).
Atherosclerosis of the lower limbs can manifest not one but several symptoms.All of them can gradually lead to non-healing wound on the legs up to necrosis.Darkening on the fingers or on the feet indicates this probability.All these unpleasant indices of atherosclerosis give the patient a lot of inconveniences, because of them anxiety increases and sleep is disturbed.
Atherosclerosis of the vessels of the lower extremities: treatment
Treatment in old age is not an easy task.But if a person shows respect for his body and takes care of his legs, the course of atherosclerosis can be slowed down.This will be a step towards preventing blood vessel obstruction in order to avoid gangrene.
Treatment with medications - it is impossible to treat atherosclerosis of the lower limbs, not paying attention to concomitant diseases.
In passing, with the treatment of the underlying disease, the prevention of myocardial infarction and stroke is usually carried out.
Antithrombocyte preparations - Pentoxifylline, Clopidogrel, Cilostazolum and Aspirin( currently, some scientists believe that the use of this drug can lead to gastric bleeding).All drugs in this series prevent the formation of blood clots and improve blood circulation, reducing its viscosity, in the diseased limb.
Anticoagulants - Heparin, Nadroparin, Warfarin, Streptokinase are prescribed to prevent clotting and thrombosis.
Lipid-lowering drugs - Cholestyramine, Lovastatin( Mevacor), Quantalan, affect the decrease in cholesterol.In addition, B vitamins and nicotinic acid are used to improve tissue trophism.
Treatment is carried out in a complex way with the use of multivitamins and blood pressure regulating devices. It is not possible to use medicines without prescribing a doctor, only he has the right to prescribe them to enhance the effect in combating concomitant diseases.
- Physiotherapy - includes the use of barotherapy, balneotherapy, laser therapy and microcurrents.
- Massage - to relieve pain and improve blood supply can be done in the early stages of atherosclerosis.It is desirable to combine with a set of special exercises.
- Proper nutrition is balanced and healthy.
- Traditional medicine - the use of decoctions, infusions and juices of medicinal plants.Under the supervision of a doctor.
- Surgical treatment - shown in cases of persistent severe pain, vascular thrombosis, obvious signs of gangrene and progression of atherosclerosis of the 4th stage.
With the right approach to treatment, it will be enough to go through an outpatient course to correct the concomitant diseases, to establish proper nutrition and to re-evaluate the attitude to bad habits.
The sooner you see a doctor about discomfort in your legs, the more likely you are to avoid complications and get an opportunity to cope with the ailment.
Diet for atherosclerosis of lower extremity vessels
Nutrition for any disease is one of the stages of treatment.Atherosclerosis involves the exclusion of certain products and the use of others to ensure that the vessels are cleaned.It is important that a diet for atherosclerosis of the vessels of the lower extremities is strictly observed.
- Allowed products - lean poultry( chicken, game, turkey), veal and rabbit.If the fish, then the sea( salmon, tuna, sardine), fatty fish with atherosclerosis well affects the vessels because of the presence of polyunsaturated acids.In general, you need to eat porridge, any.Macaroni a little, bread only coarsely - a couple of slices.Tea without sugar, not strong.If the eggs, then without the yolk.
- Products that must be excluded - all fatty: meat, fat, sausage, sausages.Pates, by-products( liver, kidneys, brains).Fatty dairy products, including butter, cheese and cottage cheese, as well as ice cream.Fat broths and soups.Mayonnaise, ketchup, chips( and fried potatoes at home), baking.
- Products with limited use - vegetable oil( olive) in small quantities just to sprinkle the salad.From sauces a soya, a small dose is suitable.Instead of sugar one spoonful of honey for tea or marmalade.Postal beef.Cheese with a low percentage of fat.Eggs are not more than two per week.From alcohol - red dry wine.
- In order not to overeat, it is worth to divide the whole day diet into many small portions and eat more often.And give proper attention to white cabbage.Not only is it a storehouse of vitamin C, so it also has the ability to excrete cholesterol.You can eat 100 grams of cabbage a day fearlessly.
When the diagnosis of atherosclerosis of the lower extremities is already set, do not think that if a certain period of dieting and healing, then in time you can return to how it was.This opinion does not make sense, since the problem of atherosclerosis appeared in part because of a misunderstanding of nutrition.Now we need to try to change the way of life.Over time, the realization will come that it is not only useful but also tasty.
Prevention of atherosclerosis of the vessels of the lower extremities
For those who read the article for informational purposes, this is the main section.Do not bring the health situation to a critical level, when you need to take medicine, go through a painful diagnosis and, most importantly, lose the opportunity to walk and live a full life.
It is much easier to worry about your health prematurely.Exclude risk factors.Would doubtful pleasure from smoking and alcohol be able to replace the opportunity to move without pain?
- Do not postpone the treatment of already acquired diseases.And periodically undergo age-related medical examination.
- Monitor blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Do not bother with fatty or sweet.It is much more pleasant to eat healthy food, those who do so, have already been able to appreciate all the advantages.
- And do not bring yourself to stress.I'll have to learn to relax and find pleasant moments in this difficult life.Knowing the problem, it will be much easier to avoid it.
But if the risk factors led to the disease and the diagnosis of atherosclerosis of the lower extremities is present in the vital baggage, you still should not despair.It is necessary to continue to struggle, listening to the recommendations of the attending physician, and life will still play with new colors.