The choice of bathroom design is one of the most difficult tasks during the renovation. In most cases, a standard combination of dark and light tiles is used for cladding, and we are not talking about additional furniture at all. But to make the bathroom more comfortable is possible, and a small selection of design tricks will help with this.
Color is everything
Regardless of whether you choose tile, porcelain stoneware or other materials for decorating the bathroom, the color scheme plays a major role in the overall picture. At the design planning stage, it is important to consider the following points:
- light colors visually expand the space;
- too motley drawings create the impression of clutter and “steal” square meters;
- combined color areas help to divide the room into zones and achieve a variety of effects.
In addition, for small bathrooms there is a universal solution - a dark floor, light (white) walls and a ceiling. Using only two colors, you will create a stylish interior, “increase” the room and save on additional materials.
Due to its high water resistance, bathrooms are most often tiled. In addition to the color of the tile, you will also have to decide on its size. For a successful choice, be sure to take into account the advice of designers:
- for a small room, a tile of medium size (20x20 cm) is best suited;
- small ceramic tile (6x6 cm) is perfectly combined with almost all facing materials and will be appropriate in the bathrooms of medium and large size;
- tiles of non-standard sizes and shapes should be used in large rooms.
To visually increase the size of the bathroom, you should purchase a rectangular tile. Having laid it with a larger side vertically, you will make the room higher, and the horizontal masonry will visually expand the room.
If the size of the toilet and bathroom are very small, then think about how to combine them. Thus, you will get more space for the realization of the interior solution and spend less money on repairs. When planning the design of the combined bathroom, you should consider the following:
- shower vodopadoff.ru can be an excellent replacement bath;
- A washing machine and shelves for detergents can be installed not only on the floor, but also on elevations;
- a washbasin on the leg (without a cabinet) will look much more elegant.
Deciding on the design of the bathroom, you should remember one golden rule: the convenience of the tenants is above all fashion trends.